Thursday, August 23, 2007

An Extraordinary Experience That Eased the Burden of Grief

For over 25 old age I have got been studying the personal effects of the Extraordinary Experiences (EEs) of the bereaved. These events are spontaneous, not invoked, and those who experience them are convinced they come up from an outside source—their asleep loved one or a Supreme Being.

There are numerous positive personal effects from these encounters, not the least of which is the strong belief by the griever that consciousness lasts bodily decease and the loved one lives on. Following is an unusual electrical engineering that had three positive personal effects on the receiver in improver to the two just mentioned.

The receiver of this experience was a devoted married woman and helped her hubby through many calendar months of coping with prostate gland cancer. As she said, "Being present when he was dying was an incredibly profound experience that changed my life. However, I knew his clip was very short, and he would not decease in my presence, as he wanted to save me the sadness. He passed away shortly after I went place that last night."

In her ain words, here is her Extraordinary Experience.

"My electrical engineering occurred approximately 30 hours after Peter's death. I awakened around 7:00
a.m. and saw my 'Happy Birthday' balloon in my bedroom. He had ordered flowers
and the balloon for my birthday two hebdomads earlier. He hadn't gotten me a balloon for
old age but this 1 turned out to be significant. During the four years he'd been in home
hospice care, it hovered around the ceiling in the room where we spent our clip talking
and watching telecasting ('hanging out' he called it). This balloon had never left that
room before, and would have got had to travel up and down through two doors to acquire to
the bedroom—so Iodine knew it had to go on on its own.

When I saw the balloon that morning, I immediately knew it was a message from him that he had arrived at his destination, and wanted to give thanks me for taking attention of him. I went down a short hallway to our presence door to acquire the newspaper, and when I came back the balloon was in his bathroom. He had told me earlier that since his shower was better than mine, I should utilize his bathroom after he was gone. I felt the balloon was reminding me of that, so I took my shower there immediately.

The residual of the morning time the balloon would be in whatever room I was in, although I never really saw it move. I would just look up and see it with me. This lasted for a few hours, then it was over. The balloon lost all its air and to this twenty-four hours rests on a shelf by a jadestone works in my sunroom. I felt this episode was a minute of charming and joyousness in the thick of my new and overpowering sadness."

This experience was a major factor in how Marilyn was able to get by with her great loss. I asked her what was most helpful about it for her. She said, "The timing of the experience set the tone of voice for my bereaved process: Happy mental images (balloon, etc.) immediately linked to the sad 1s (Peter's dying moments). Also, the brush reassured me that his agony was over. Finally, the inside information of this electrical engineering seemed designed by Simon Peter to be a very personal and alone message for me."

These three points are critical to understand. Setting the tone of voice for grieving agency knowing that all is well, though sad, and all is not lost. Reassurance is an of import factor in accepting her loss (a major undertaking of mourning) knowing that his hurting is over. And finally, realizing the personal significance of the message adds to reassurance and her belief that love lives on.

Experiences like Marilyn's have got happened to billions of people in a assortment of different ways from sensing the presence of the asleep or having a vision to hearing the loved one's voice or experiencing a trial dream. The general populace is not aware of the frequence of these contacts or the grade of aid they supply to the bereaved. They stay another illustration of the enigma of life.

No comments: