Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Let freedom ring with a shotgun blast...

Corrosion of Conformity (one of my all time faves) has a new album called 'in the arms of god' and i am going to review it for you because it KICKS ASS!! If you like metal with a good old fashioned, southern rock, crunching, grind to it...you must check it out. It is one of their best albums of late - reminds me of the old COC. (Nooo, that does not spell cock..). And, yes, I know the quote in my title is from MachineHead (among others who have used that quote over the years)...but I like MH too, so fuggit.

Let me just say that Pepper Keenan is one of my favorite singer/rhythm guitarists besides James Hetfield. In fact, they are good friends and have worked on many projects together - I'm looking forward to the next one. Right now, COC is touring with (another fave) metal gods Motorhead (i.e. Lemmy kicks ass - "Ace of Spades", bitch).

Anyway, this album tears it up, bitches! "Rise River Rise" is melodic and heavy - totally dig it. "Infinite War" is another great one. I will go ahead and just throw it out there: "So Much Left Behind" is becoming one of my favorites. It takes a bit to build up, but once it does, good gawd it fuckin rocks!! It gets the double-horns, baby. "Backslider" is great and so is "In the Arms of God". I'm not surprised at how good this album is - they were due - but I am totally impressed. At last! Another great album to rok out with. Oh, and "Never Turns to More" really shreds too. Sweet Ass!

Needless to say, I'm totally digging this album and I endorse it for your next musical purchase. Go to your local Tower records and get one today (cause everyone knows that Tower has everything). The only thing that would make it better is if I could listen to it while driving this fuckin car (or this sweet baby here)!!

Metal up your ass!!

No comments: